Information we collect, and how we use it.
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as Tutorials and Articles. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a Uprint Image account or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password).
- Log information – When you access Uprint Image, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Uprint Image, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting the rights or property of Uprint Image or our users; and
- Developing new services.
Uprint Image processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Choices for personal information
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Uprint Image features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Uprint Image may not be able to provide those services to you.
Uprint Image only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Uprint Image in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
a. satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
b. enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof,
c. detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
d. protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Uprint Image, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Uprint Image employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Uprint Image, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
977 South Santa Fe Ave., Suite 4
Vista, CA 92083