Terms & Conditions
WEBSITE SERVICE AGREEMENT
To provide an excellent service that is precise, affordable, and on-time, we are committed to clearly communicate our expectations and mutual obligations obligations, as outlined in the terms of this agreement.
1. Authorization. The above-named client is engaging Uprint Image, a sole proprietor, located at 977 S. Santa Fe Ave., Suite 4, Vista, CA 92083, as an independent contractor for the specific project of developing and/or improving a website, or other graphics projects, as it applies. The client also may require Uprint Image to register a domain name, and to publicize their completed website to Web search engines, at an additional cost. Latest technology websites, when done correctly, already have an “organic” type of optimization built in, but Search Engine Optimatization (SEO) and Web Marketing are extra services which needs to be quoted and discussed with the client.
2. Standard Website Package Elements.
Uprint Image includes the following elements in their Standard Website Packages:
E-mail/phone consultation – Up to 2 hours , until project completion. Additional consultation is at the client’s expense. Words of text supplied by the client, approximately 200 words per page maximum, otherwise it must be supplied on disk or in electronic format, otherwise input charges will apply. Text of more than 1,200 words may be subject to additional fees, especially if they require a great deal of formatting.
Custom Graphics Package.
- Overall graphic design displayed throughout the website, including main graphic on first page (custom graphic incorporating company logo). The layout / flow of the website, links and the like.
- Photos and other misc. graphic images supplied by client (up to an average of 3 per page, excluding the logo. Color originals larger than 5″ x 8″ are extra).
- Installation of web pages on the client’s or Uprint Image web hosting service.
- Minor updates and changes to existing web pages for six months, subject to the limits outlined below.
- Additional changes billed at hourly rate. (12 months if hosted with Uprint Image for the monthly current rate (depending on amount of space, and other factors). Price is subject to change according to the going rate.
Initial Site publicity to major Web search engines; Alta Vista, InfoSeek, Web Crawler, Lycos, Hot Bot, Excite and Northern Light as long as submissions are still offered for free at the time. Uprint Image will notify the Client if charges apply.
- E-mail response link on each web page to any e-mail address the client designates.
3. Standard Website Packages. The content of the web pages will be supplied by the client and executed as specified by the Client. This website includes 1 (one) Home Page, up-to 7 standard web pages, and 10 overall subpages; including up to 3 Form pages.
In case the client requires additional standard web pages beyond the original number of pages specified above, the client agrees to pay Uprint Image an additional $ 30.00 for each additional (regular) web page. Graphics or photos (except logo) beyond the allowed average of 3 per web page shall be billed at an additional $ 5.00 each. Where custom graphic work (beyond the scope of the “Custom Graphics Package” detailed above) is requested, it will be billed at the hourly rate specified below.
- Hourly Rate: $65 per hour
- Landing Page (if desired) – $ 50.00
- Form pages – $ 50.00 each
- Standard web pages – $ 30.00 each.
4. Maintenance and Hourly Rate. This agreement includes minor web page maintenance, to regular web pages, over a 4-month period, including updating links and making minor changes to a sentence or paragraph. It does not include removing nearly all the text from a page, and/or replacing it with new text; rearranging layout, specially on sidebars or navigation, either locally or globally. If the client or an agent other than Uprint Image attempts updating the client’s pages, time to repair web pages will be assessed at the hourly rate, and is not included as part of the updating time. The 4-month maintenance period commences upon the date the client signs this contract. Any changes under this contract entitles the client to minor changes, (up to 15 minutes), billable at our hourly rate, in 15 minutes increments.
Changes requested by the client beyond those limits will be billed at the hourly rate of $30.00. This rate shall also govern additional work authorized beyond the maximums specified above, for such services as general Internet orientation education, web page design, editing, and art, photo, graphics services, and helping clients learn how to use their own web page editor. CGI, PHP, ASP, MYSQL & Flash programming charges (if any) are not included in this rate.
5. Changes to Submitted Text. Please send us your final text at once, as each time you submit something new, an additonal fee may apply. We try to accommodate our clients regarding changes, but we also need to cover ourselves, as going back to the drawing board takes time and sometimes unforeseen new issues with layout/graphics. Time required to make substantive changes to client-submitted text after the web pages have been constructed will be additional, billed at our hourly rate.
6. Web Hosting. The client understands that any web hosting services require a separate contract with a web hosting service. The client agrees to select a web hosting service which allows Uprint Image full access to the website, unless client decides to host his/her website on their own server.
7. Completion Date. Uprint Image and the client must work together to complete the website in a timely manner. We agree to work expeditiously to complete the website no later than October 30, 2014.
If the client does not supply Uprint Image complete text and graphics content all webpages contracted for within six weeks of the date this contract was signed, the entire amount of the contract becomes due and payable, incurring on additional fees each month thereafter.
8. Payment of Fees. Fees to Uprint Image are due and payable on the following schedule: 1/3, upon signing the contract, ½ once the first proof is submitted and approved, and balance when the web pages have been constructed according to the client’s original written specifications, and temporarily hosted on our on server. Once the web seach engine optimization (SEO), is complete and paid up, the website goes live on the client’s server. Advertising the pages to Web search engines and updating occur only after the final payment is made. All payments will be made in US funds.
9. Assignment of Project. Although we try to do everything in-house, Uprint Image reserves the right to assign subcontractors to parts of this project to insure the right-fit for the job, as well as on-time completion.
10. Legal. Uprint Image does not warrant that the functions contained in these web pages or the Internet website will meet the client’s requirements or that the operation of the web pages will be uninterrupted or error-free. Since there are so many variables in SEO, Uprint Image also cannot guarantee a certain ranking on the search engine. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the web pages and website is with the client. In no event will Uprint Image be liable to the client or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate these web pages or website, even if Uprint Image has been advised of the possibility of such damages. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
11. Copyrights and Trademarks. The client represents to Uprint Image and unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to Uprint Image for inclusion in web pages are owned by the client, or that the client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Uprint Image and its subcontractors, from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the client.
12. Laws Affecting Electronic Commerce. From time to time, governments enact laws and levy taxes and tariffs affecting Internet electronic commerce. The client agrees that the client is solely responsible for complying with such laws, taxes, and tariffs, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Uprint Image and its subcontractors from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, or tariff arising from the client’s exercise of Internet electronic commerce.
13. Copyright to Web pages. Copyright to the finished assembled work of web pages produced by Uprint Image is owned by Uprint Image. Upon final payment of this contract, the client is assigned rights to use as a website, the design, graphics, and text contained in the finished assembled website. Rights to photos, graphics, source code, work-up files, and computer programs are specifically not transferrable to the client, and remain the property of their respective owners. Uprint Image and its subcontractors retain the right to display graphics and other Web design elements as examples of their work in their respective portfolios.
14. Payment of fees. In order for Uprint Image to remain in business, payments must be made promptly. Delinquent bills will be assessed a $ 10.00 charge if payment is not received within 10 days of the due date. If an amount remains delinquent 30 days after its due date, an additional 5% penalty will be added for each month of delinquency. Uprint Image reserves the right to remove web pages from viewing on the Internet, until final payment is made. In case collection proves necessary, the client agrees to pay all fees incurred by that process. This agreement becomes effective only when signed by Uprint Image. Regardless of the place of signing of this agreement, the client agrees that for purposes of venue, this contract was entered into in North San Diego County, CA, and any dispute will be litigated or arbitrated in San Diego County, California.
15. Sole Agreement. The agreement contained in this “Website Design Contract” constitutes the sole agreement between Uprint Image and the client regarding this website. Any additional work not specified in this contract must be authorized by a written revision/addition order (or email). All prices specified in this contract will be honored for twelve (12) months (except for outside services or fees charged by hosting provider) after both parties sign this contract. Continued services after that time will require a new agreement.
16. Initial Payment and Refund Policy. This agreement begins with an initial payment of $ xxx, and balance paid upon completion before (date). If the client halts work and applies by registered letter for a refund within 30 days, to the Manager of Uprint Image, 977 S. Santa Ave., Suite 4, Vista, CA 92083, (760) 613-8680. Work which is already completed, shall be billed at the hourly rate stated above, and deducted from the initial payment, the balance of which shall be returned to the client. If, at the time of the request for refund, work has been completed beyond the amount covered by the initial payment, the client shall be liable to pay for all work completed at the hourly rate stated above. No portion of this initial payment will be refunded unless written application is made within 30 days of signing this contract.